Thursday, April 18, 2013

Quick Sketch Paint - Talim

Danielle's Sketch Blog - Soul Calibur II - Talim Sketch by Danielle Loos
Soul Calibur II Talim sketch - about 4 hours.
Another piece, this time a quick paint over an old sketch I've had laying around of my favorite character from Soul Calibur II, lil' miss Talim. With this one I wanted to try another painting style. I still haven't gotten the hang of it but I'm learning a lot from it, even if this didn't come out at all how I'd wanted or originally intended it too. For one, it was supposed to end up not having visible outlines... We see how that turned out. Overall the sketch wasn't much of a success in the sense that it didn't end up the way it was intended but it has definitely served to teach me some things about my painting process and things I should try to work on - working from simple, big shapes and working my way in to detail for one is proving to be a tough practice for me to do - I tend to start out with that intent but almost always start trying to add details as soon as one section is blocked in and it really impedes my ability to get a composition I like. Note to self for next time: STOP THAT!

Thanks for lookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment